Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Bolt Action: 1940 France German Tank

 Well a 251, and a Panzer IV came with the Bolt Action German Blitzkreig starter set, so I said "Why not!" and promptly put it together and painted it in two days, maybe five total hours of work with drying time and decals etc. It really flew by and I was impressed with the resin body and metal parts.

Here are a few shots...




As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


11 comments:

  1. Great work once again Kevin! I am still debating whether to add some carriers or armoured support...I am very tempted by the 3x PzKfw 38t pack......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you can’t go wrong with the 38t, Rommel’s 7th Panzer had a buttload of them.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking pzkfw IV, lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, when I finished it all up, lacquered it etc. I realized I had missed doing the rubber parts around the road wheels, but the dusting covers that error pretty well;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very nice Panzer and infantry (from the previous post). I do like the look of Early War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the best thing is there are no Tiger tanks! Seems like everyone has Tiger love these days, how bout the simple Pz38t, yeah baby!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Dang... I was certain this was a III and not a IV. Very nice looking Panzer! Is that a 2 day growth on his chin or like my Mom would tell me, "Your face looks dirty!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, and indeed it is, little five oclock shadow as they say;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
    2. Hey Skip - easy trick for you - count the road wheels and divide by 2 - the PzKfw had 6 and the PzKfw has 8.....so......you get the idea! Panthers and Tigers are easy - you can tell them just by looking at them :)

      Delete
  5. Great looking Panzer IV, Kevin. Sounds like this is a nice set from Warlord Games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, really easy to put together

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete