Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Bolt Action: France 1940 Germans

 I was right in the middle of finishing up some Battletech miniatures when I had a discussion with a friend of mine that had me put that project on full stop (for the moment).

You see he told me he bought a painted Bolt Action French platoon, among some other items, and the next thing you know I was buying a Bolt Action German Blitzkreig starter set. After all it's not often that one of my friends paints an army much less buys one. One must take advantage of situations when they pop up as you never know if the chance will come again.

So after a week I painted up two full ten man squads with an Officer to boot. I still have a few other items I am working on and I will post those later when I finish.

In the meantime I've posted a few pictures of my table top standard dudes. My goal was down and dirty, get them to the table and play a game with said friend before he changes his mind.

I never in my life thought I would paint anything WWII again, forty years ago it was my bread and butter go to historical period, funny how things come back around again. So here they are in all their glory...









As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin










8 comments:

  1. Strangely timely ( for me) as I have box of Warlord Blitzkrieg Germans winging their ay to me as I type....so in a few weeks, I will painting up the same figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! The plastic kit goes together pretty good, my only problem is that it takes me just as long to build them as it does to paint them. But it was fun to do and a nice change of pace.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Great looking blitzkrieg Germans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I've got a few more coming!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. WWII, WOW! And in 2 weeks! Sometimes you amaze me. A fine looking bunch. You know that "they" have "Bolt Action" tournaments at all the cons now days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, more to come. Yes I do, though I might take part in a tournament one day, it would be just for the experience. I am pretty much done with tournament circuits, unless of course it's Saga;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great looking Early War Germans, Kevin. Reminds me of seeing Tamiya kits when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I can’t recall having breezed through a project this fast, probably because everything is uniform

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete