Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Aristeia! The Game: Murtair

 The fourth and final figure for my Aristeia! team is Murtair. The original model, while very nice, wasn't what I was looking for in a Werewolf like figure. I wanted him to be full Werewolf or more human form. So I decided on using a proxy figure from Corvus Belli's Infinity game. I chose Wolfgang Amadeus Wolff. I really wanted something in full Wolf form but that was to expensive of a solution to get what I wanted. 

The following is a quote from the website about his background:

"Duncan Brewster, aka Murtair, “assassin” in Gaelic, was a shining star in the Caledonia National Dog-Bowl League, the most brutal sport on archaic Ariadna. Elevated to the Olympus that is Aristeia! thanks to his main sponsor, Aura Biochemical, he now triumphs where no member of his species has ever done so before, among the stars.

Trapped in the hybrid body of a human and a wolf-like alien and cursed with a grisly temper, he’s also the frontman of the quantronic-trash band Full Moon’s Dead. But Murtair is also quite the teenage heartthrob and, according to specialized media, has an impeccable taste for art and fashion.

No one can behold his sinuous, predatory movements and not get chills up their spine. It’s like running into trouble after taking a wrong turn in a dark alley. Murtair knows this all too well and exploits it, both inside the HexaDome and out. He’s pure violence molded into a smoking hot bod, and a sure bet for a night you won’t forget."


Here is a picture of the game's model.....



Here are a few pictures of my completed proxy model....



As always thanks for looking!

Cheers
Kevin





4 comments:

  1. Great job on amedius. I think you picked an awesome proxy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, it was nice of you to trade him back to me:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Dang, you have been busy! Excellent paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a machine last week, this week not so much. Didn't help I had dental surgery, kind of takes the motivation away when your mouth is sore.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete