Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Saga Byzantine Foot

 Painting some Saga troops for a commission I am doing for a friend. I normally don't do commissions but sometimes a dude needs cash, and a friend needs troops. Besides it's a win win, as I get an opponent and he gets the rest of his army he is collecting.

So the foot is from Gripping Beast. They are decent figures if not a bit chunky but I like that with these, they don't look out of proportion. The oval shields that came with them are not symmetrical, and I am not sure if they mixed in a couple of different kinds or their molds are old because most of the shields were slightly off and when placing the Little Big Man transfers that are specially made for these and spot on there's not much one can do about it when the hole for the boss centers the transfer whether it's straight or not. Though I did go tits up on one and if you look hard in the picture you'll see it. Old man eyes and I didn't get polar north quite right. 

Anyways here are a few photos of the foot. I've done a General vignette for him to but it's still drying and I have to flock the base and stuff yet.





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


4 comments:

  1. Historical!! WOOHOO!! These are beautiful. Love your shield transfer choice too. So, you are basing them and flocking them also?? I hope you are taking that into consideration with your pricing.

    Looking forward to seeing more of these boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip!!!

      Thanks man, and yes I am basing them on bases he provided, and flocking them. Yes my price took all that into consideration. These are for MZ, his favorite, favorite, favorite Army.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete