Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Saga: Moor Cavalry

 Finally got a chance to take some photos of my latest painting endeavor. These are Moor Cavalry for the Age of Crusade Saga book. 

I kit bashed these from Gripping Beast's Arab Heavy Cav, Light Cav, and foot plastic boxes. I've taken a couple of shots from different angles and the last photo shows the next four I will do.





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


10 comments:

  1. WOW!! Wow, wow, wow! I was hoping you still knew how to paint historicals. Well, I guess you do! Woohoo! They look GREAT! Very nice.

    They are going to make the rest of the boys look bad I fear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you’d like this😁 Thanks Skip, and don’t worry about them matching, I still love your stuff. That’s 32 foot I don’t plan on painting and yours are perfect.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking mores. Glad to see you are still playing Saga. It seems to have died by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary. Yeah for some reason a lot of players freaked when it got revamped (for the better I might add), nobody wanted to have to buy everything again. My group still plays, three that have armies, and two that will play if armies supplied.

      Delete
  3. Those bases are looking very good , 🤘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. One of the things that help set off game standard painted figures. I always say bases, faces, and banners. Causes the eyes to focus on that.

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking Moor cavalry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, a few more to paint and then on to Byzantines for a friend.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Great looking Moorish Cav, Kevin! Some of the local crew are doing Saga (again), and I might have to do something like a Byzantine warband or maybe Normans - I like the look of the Victrix mounted Normans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, 2nd edition PO’d a lot of people out in the East because they basically had to buy everything again. Now that a few years have gone by since it’s release and in addition the release of Age of Hannibal and Age of Invasions it’s starting to pick back up again.

      Delete