Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, October 1, 2018

No you did not!!!

One of my local buddies has talked to me about Blood Bowl in the past and said how he heard it was fun and might want to try it out. Of course it never happened. 

But that all changed last Friday when I met up online with a gaming buddy in UK and he wanted to play the computer game of said game (Blood Bowl). He said he had played it in a local shop and fooled around with game before trying it out with me and said there was no difference between computer game and miniature game. Well after playing the game I was wowed. It's pretty darn good. Lot's of decision making, dice rolling, etc. I won't go into great detail. Suffice it to say that Games Workshop made a good decision to update the figures etc. and has been bringing out teams since it's re release. If you wanna know all about the history of it click on the link here for the wiki site Blood Bowl


Well I had such a good time with it after we finished gaming I turned to my Wife and asked her if she'd like for me to take her out to dinner. She tilted her head and gave me that look that only a wife can give and said, "what's the catch?" I was like come on honey no catch, I just have to stop at the local hobby shop on the way, which she then rolled her eyes and said okay.

I happily took my Wife out to eat and on the way picked up a box of the Gouged Eye Orcs team pack to start painting up. Oh and it was the best tasting beer and hamburger I've had in a long time (probably because I was feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve).

 [Above all the figures cut off their sprues]

 [Being OCD I cut off all the parts belonging to figures and place them in separate bins to build once I've got them cleaned up (mold lines etc). The figures are snap together, but there is no way in heck I'm spending a lot of time painting these and have them come apart so I glued them in place.]

 [Figures mounted on my paint sticks and primed]

[The first few coats}

I have a local convention coming up October 27th, a small local thing. But I have a pal who has agreed to bring up his figures to play so my intent is to finish this starter team before I go off to buy more figures to add to it. You only need 11 to play, but I need a couple of other figures (Black Orcs, and Blitzers) to make it a competitive team.

Cheers for now
Kevin

10 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about? Me persuading you to buy miniatures? Surely not . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but the devil planting the seed for sure;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. And away we go! Hehehe.

    Kev, sometimes even still, you surprise me.

    Only 11 to 13 to a team... hmmmm that's not so bad! Looks like they paint up pretty quick too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip I've found our new subject to paint!!! I think I've found the secret. Only pick games with a dozen figures, we can handle that right?

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Great looking figures and fun sounding game. BTW, you get your dessert before the main course, I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes yes, I get the pun, of course I go for the desert first, always!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Classic! You must've liked it - that's pretty fast progress on all fronts. Nothing like falling for a new game!

    Enjoy :)

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Aaron,

      Indeed I did. I hope I can get them done in time for our mini convention in a few weeks. So far I am staying motivated and adding more paint each day.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Rapid progress and sounds like fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to have another go at computer game tomorrow. Got all base coats done today. Tomorrow’s day will be washing and some highlights. Lots of work yet, but looking forward to gaming with miniatures.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete