Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Blood Bowl: Orcs: The Gouged Eye

Well I did it. 24 days from the post that said I was going to do this. This Saturday is my clubs local convention and I set down a little bit of time each day since the beginning of October to get this team ready to play a friend who is bringing one of his teams so we can throw down. With a day to spare I can't be happier. Well I could win the match Saturday and that would be even better!

I've always done Orcs in some fashion or form, whether fantasy or 40K, so how could I not pick this glorious team of smash mouth bad dudes, The Gouged Eye. The only thing left to do is try and learn the rules to play properly come this Saturday.

The box set comes with 12 Orc players, two Throwers, two Blitzers, two Black Orcs, and six lineman of three poses. So I will post a front and back of pair poses, and then the final picture will be of the whole team together.

I hope you like them as much as I do.


1st Lineman pose


2nd Lineman pose


3rd Lineman pose


Throwers


Blitzers


Bad ass Black Orcs

...and finally the whole team together

The only thing I wish is that they had made the kits so you could make more poses. The snap together parts make it harder (not impossible) to kit-bash. 

I have to add a couple of more Black Orcs and Blitzers, and then there is the cool Troll, and some goblins for him to toss. You gotta love a game were you have a Troll that can toss goblins around. I do!

Cheers
Kevin


14 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Kevin. Your freehand lettering is most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I’d like to take credit for that, the numbers and symbols are decals. I am pretty good at disguising (for lack of better word) their application. Checkerboard and everything else is by hand though.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. They look great, Kevin. And just in time too. You have to love it when a plan comes together. Hope you let us know how they get on in the big game!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aaron, and yes just in time. It was like pulling teeth to get motivated to sit down this past week and finish them. I'll try and remember to take pictures and write up a little something.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Nice, very nice indeed!
    I always liked Orks, it is so much easier to do skin tones in green ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, an idea has popped into my head, HYW figures with green skin tone, no one will notice for sure!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Dude... I really, really hate to say it but, they look GREAT! That checkerboard work is amazing. And only 12 makes a team... Hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well 11 to make a team, but the box set comes with 12. You actually have to buy two box sets to get the extra players you want if you want more of one position.

      Thanks I glad you like them. I know how hard that was to force yourself to type that out being a historical only kind of guy;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. jeepers, awesome, just awesome....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Henrik, and everyone HE is the one responsible for getting me hooked on buying into the system after playing an online game with him.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Great looking Orks! Lovely looking team,I too will look forward to the troll!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I primed up the Troll today! I'll see where my motivation takes me from here.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Do keep in mind that your troll may just decide to eat the gobbo instead of throwing him......

    I speak from experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Too funny, and the reason I like this game, just wacky fun!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete