Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Showcase: Infinity: Nomad..... RIOT GRRLS

"Don't call me babe"

Infinity is a science fiction skirmish level game loaded with all kinds of interesting models/figures and all the fluff to read to back them up.

One of my favorite figures, of Corvus Belli's Infinity world, are the Riot Grrls.

"These girls come from the marginal neighborhoods of the Human Sphere, well accustomed to street fights and everyday urban survival. Problem girls who, when leaving the module for Bakunin's common spaces, are constant sources of trouble and are old acquaintances of the Moderator Corps' cells."

Above paragraph is a quote straight from the fluff. Basically you have hardcore punk philosophy, feminist movement type girls who don't take crap from nobody. My kind of soldiers to mess with my friends evil empire of Pan-O.

Well I finished up this particular figure I am about to show you, that is armed with a boarding shotgun and stun grenades along with her little TinBot B deflector unit.

So enjoy the pics.

[Below Riot Grrl with boarding shotgun]



[Below TinBot B deflector unit]



[Below both of them together]


Well that's it for now.

Cheers
Kevin


6 comments:

  1. Very impressive, Kevin! I particularly like the way you did the relection on blue bead. Masterful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, it’s supposed to be an energy source and be a glowing thingy, but I like the gem stone approach better.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. I agree. Quite nice. The jeweled technique stands out. They look crazy in their expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, and I had to recruit some crazies to take down your Pan-O

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. The red and white are nicely done as well - they balance well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven, got two more to do one day.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete