Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

1:48 scale die cast cars for Batman Miniatures game

Well as I mentioned in another post I scored a bunch of half off DC Batman miniature stuff at the last convention I was at. I've got the terrain, like buildings and such covered, but not vehicles. So I started a search and discovered that Menards for some reason carries some. 1:48 scale is O scale for trains and you would think that they would have a bunch of die cast cars, trucks, etc. But this is not true. It looks like 1:43 is what is happening in this world. Demand? Who knows, but I only need a couple that will make my Batman games come to life.

So for now here are some pictures of four vehicles I picked up to start my project off with. Oh and best of all, no assembly, no painting, just pull out of the box and put it on the table. Yes!



That's it for now. 

Cheers
Kevin



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah they look cool, hopefully in person too! When they arrive I will have to take some pictures of them next to stuff. Hopefully they don’t look too toy like in person.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Useful looking trucks and car.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I think I need to scrong around for a modern police car, taxi, and armored bank truck. I think I can get first two, but might have to modify something to make armored car.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very cool vehicles. I have a kubelwagen and scwhimwagen that are 1:43rd. They look fine with 28mm figs IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you mentioned this, as I was worried about which way to go for scale. The Batman stuff is 35mm, and it seems there is way more available in 1:43 so I was torn. Your mention of 28mm makes me feel better as it sounds like I made the right choice. I will only need a few so this works out for me. If I was going to do Gaslands or something I would stay away from 1:48.

      I’ll post pictures of figures and cars when I get them.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete