Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Showcase: Infinity: Nomad... Reverend Healer

This is a really nice sculpt from Corvus Belli's "Operation Icestorm" set. I love the animie nun look, and the color scheme done by CB's painters. I pretty much thought I had this scheme down, but in the end it always seems to be a struggle to get it right and I almost screwed it up. Thank god I kept the paints thin so I was able to do touch ups without making it worse.

I am super impressed with how some artists are able to do smooth transitions around the face and do almost real looking eyes. I seriously am in awe because the face is so bloody small. I did my best so that will have to do for now. Doing it drove me crazy but I finally came up with something that satisfied me for time being. I wish I could get a tutor for a day to show me some secrets.

After coating it seemed to bring out some luster in the colors and that pleased me. So here she is and hope you enjoy it.




Cheers
Kevin

4 comments:

  1. WOW! She looks pretty darn good. She's ready to be a pin-up. 😁 Well...A really cool action figure one. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I know what you mean. Anime type females always seem to have pin-up characteristics. Thanks for the kudos;)

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. The casting looks small. Very difficult to paint.

    Old Grognard saying:"Better pin up then pinned down."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dave, and definitely different from paintint 40K stuff.

    Dude we so gotta make a t-shirt for that quote:)

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete