Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Infinity: Yu Jing... Yaokong on the street

You may remember a while back that I was working on this little fella and totally botched it. This led me having to ask my friend about his trick of soaking it in pine-sol to strip it. I gave it over to him and it worked beautifully thus saving the little guy from being thrown in the trash and saving me a few bucks as Infinity figures are not cheap.

Well I finally got around to finishing it and am happy to present it here to you now with a little better paint job than I did at first. Hope you like it.


Cheers
Kevin

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Weee! Your up late;) Thanks Terri!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. The blends of colors and shading are amazing. Looks way too well done for some Si-Fi thing! Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Skip, I'm slowly figuring it out. Way happier this time around for sure.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Excellent fig. Lots of depth. Really like gems/lenses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, Painting 40K figures helped me get the gem look down pretty good.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete