Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, April 10, 2015

The British go to pieces.....

Well it was a hard choice, but the British AWI plastic figures from Perry Miniatures won my heart.... for now;)

Besides wanting to paint something more uniformed, I also wanted to keep the number of figures I needed to paint to a minimum. So the AWI Southern campaign is born. I hope I have the courage and discipline to give it a good go. The War of the Roses is also a favorite and probably would be much easier to paint, but I never do anything the easy way.

So without further ado I present the British, literally, going to pieces as I pile them on the work bench. It's going to be the 33rd Foot. Is it the right uniform, meaning hats, coats, etc. I have no idea, but hell they will be painted correctly!


4 comments:

  1. That's the good thing about 15mm metal - you don't usually have to glue arms, blankets and things on before you can even start! Good luck. I'm sure you'll have them looking great in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare you mention that word on a 28mm site sir, that is heresy!!!

      Seriously, thank you sir, I shall need it. You don't even know how frustrated I was today when I glued my fingers together five times and this working on just one figure!!!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Wow.... can't turn my back on you for a second. New figures and a new period.

    Uniforms! Oh no!

    You go Kev!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, let's see if that will cut my one year painting time down to 6 months;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete