Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

AWI project rolls forward...

Well after a bit of cursing and gluing my fingers together a dozen times I finally assembled 18 figures for the start of my British for AWI. I bought the rule set Black Powder as I have heard good things about them and I want to have a change of pace from Ancients. I also bought the scenario book called Rebellion and it's pretty sweet. Excellent eye candy and a lot of good scenarios that have also given me ideas for my own. I have decided to do the Southern Campaign as there were only ever a few thousand troops in either armies and helps me keep my paint load down. Also I am trying to paint units that where involved in more than one battle to have some flexibility but will see how that works. First unit up for me will be the British 33rd Regiment. Trying to figure out uniforms and what kind of hats they wore and such things is going to be fun as there are conflicting accounts and I have seen the 33rd paintings/drawings with different head gear etc. I have decided to do my own thing, get them close, and have a little artistic license. For instance the drummer probably wore a floppy hat by this time, but that dam little bearskin is just to irresistible not to paint!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment