Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Saurus Riders coming along

Man have I been depressed of late. It's gotta be this stinking weather. Have a foot of snow on the ground and now it's raining. Yesterday it got warm enough for me to get outside and go for a spin on the bike. Felt weird with snow all around me, but the roads were clear. With the rain today, and then next couple of days (they are forecasting), along with the snow melt, it's going to be flood city and that means no bike riding for me. So maybe that's why I am so depressed.

I must look at this in the positive though. I can sit in a small room, look outside my window and see the gloom and paint tiny soldiers. That doesn't sound very uplifting does it.

Okay let's try again.... with Spring in the air and visions of the warm sun bathing our beautiful world I will sit in front of my paint table and paint very cool toy soldiers!

That's better right?

Okay the real reason for this post then, here is how far I have gotten on the Saurus riders and hopefully I can finish these up by next week so I can put together the Hero who rides a Carnosaur. Now that should get the artistic juices flowing.


Cheers
Kevin

6 comments:

  1. At least you’re not missing nice weather by sitting indoors painting :) Sauria riders are coming along nicely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Steven, glass half full guy! This is the inspiration I need;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Dude.... Put your left elbow on the table where the tip of your brush is there in the photo, with your hand on the table, pivot your arm to the left, clearing away this evil side show. Then place 2 mounted Samurai on your now clean painting area and get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn’t love you Skip, I’d go Jackie Gleason on your ass (One of these days... One of these days... (He shoots his fist up) POW! Right in the kisser!)!!!

      You never know what the gremlins might be up to;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Thanks Iain, for the next week though I have to put a hold on it.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete