Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Afghanistan 28mm Civilians

 I purchased a couple of rules sets recently, one was Spectre Operations, and the other was Modern Haywire. 

I tried out Haywire first, as this is a cooperative or Solo type game. You use cards to setup your scenarios, and there are cards with force stats on them. The fog of war cards are I think interesting as this can throw a few zingers at you during the turn. 

Anyways I tried it out with a friend and he cried that my civilians weren't painted, not that he volunteered any painted figures of his own, but I know he was just giving me crap because that's what he does. 

Our next test game will be with my freshly now painted civilians, but I am sure he'll figure out something to poke the bear with. 

Here are a few shots of my 28mm Empress Miniatures civilians. 







As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin






2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Might go well with a village ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss! They already have a wonderful place to inhabit!

    ReplyDelete