Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

SF3D/Maschinen Krieger: 232M Sandstalker

 I decided to go ahead and post my one fully completed Sandstalker with two more at about 80 percent. I haven't been able to finish them as I am right in the middle of a Macedonian army commission, and of course real life has decided it's time for me to take some time out from hobby. So this will probably be my last post for a few weeks. Hopefully I can get back on track by then.

Okay enough of bla, bla, bla. The only thing I did fancy wise is magnatize the turret. I used little micro dice to give it the elevated look, but ran out of those little dice so have to scrounge around for some more or come up with a different mounting system. The paint job was inspired by Krueger's Krieger who is a fantastic model builder. In the meantime dream Lawrence of Arabia when you check out the pictures.







As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


6 comments:

  1. I really like it! You really got it perfect with that scheme, it's quite en interesting model and a lovely paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. I kept it as part of a theme with the other models I am doing. Both sides in this era used the vehicle so I will probably being doing Panzer Gray for the other side.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Very nice colors. Quite a dystopian looking vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I really like the feel of the subject.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Great looking vehicle, Kevin. Always impressed with your brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, it was fun to paint.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete