Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Saga: Age of Crusade: Ordensstaat (Teutonic order)

 This week I worked on 18 Levy for my Saga Ordensstaat warband. These are really detailed V & V figures. Man I've got to say that these were not easy to paint because of all the detail, which is great, but I suffered trying to paint everything,

Table top standard is what I went for. I painted the shields as they were too large for shield transfers. I had a really hard time trying to figure out colors for the shields as these would be Prussian's, Polish, Lithuanian soldiers and not really wealthy. I also discovered that even though little big man transfers have some really ornate designs that this wasn't true in the real world. Oh yes there would be some fancy painted shields, but mostly they were solid colors. 

I have another 12 mounted to do, and 6 more foot. But I can play with what I have right now. I just need these extra figures to give the army more flexible options when building.



As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


6 comments:

  1. Nice brush work!! You still got it!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy! Man I wish you lived bloody closer so I could kick your butt more in these games, miss you man!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Like how you did these. Pretty awesome and always fun to play Saga! You will have a blast putting them on the table. Nice Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, now if only you would get off your butt and start playing Saga with your buddies!!!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Eastern Europe had much more sedate color pallette than the west. These are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anton, I usually don’t paint shields and use transfers instead. So I had to really think about color choices for those.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete