Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Border Wars: Under a Reiver Moon.... Cattle

 I am hoping to run a game of Border Wars: Under a Reiver Moon at Pro or Con in September. This all depends though on my friend finishing his eight foot figures, and I, eight foot figures, three emissaries, and four cattle. Then us both getting together and playing a few games so we actually know how to teach and run the game. 

Things are moving slow due to some personal family issues but I have faith. The Sun still shines even on cloudy days. 





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin



6 comments:

  1. Those look very cool. Farm animals are always a nice touch to the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those really small cows, really large sheep or, a depth perception kind of thing?? Perhaps a stand of each in a photo? And I'd really like to see one of those "shinny" cows up close too! The sheep look GREAT! Not too sure about the cows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skip I am sorry to say, you have only three months to live if you don’t get a new pair of glasses….

      Seriously though, it’s the photo shot closer because they were two stands to get into focus, and further away for cows because of four stands. The shiny ness on the cows is the new F#$&ing formula that Tamiya Flat came out with because the F$&#ing supply chain can’t keep my usual Winsor & Newton flat in stock at Blicks Art store. I have to order out over a month ahead of time and buy multiple cans at a go. So I went with what I had.

      So….. buttons on a ballon son.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiKyfd6hA0

      Delete
    3. Dude, Father Ted is the best! A little dated, but hilariously fun to watch.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete