Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

SF3D or Ma.K. My other two Dollhouse miniatures completed

 Well I finished the last two Dollhouse's of the three I had (actually four but the other is triple A variant). So it's photo dump time. The pictures include four shots of each Dollhouse, a group shot, and a comparison shot to the Nutrocker.

Just as a refresher, the scale is 15mm (and can be purchased from Slave 2 Gaming just click on this to go to his store), and there is no standard set of rules for these miniatures. 

The franchise originally began as the science fiction series SF3D which ran as monthly installments in the Japanese hobby magazine Hobby Japan from 1982 to 1985. To develop the storyline, Kow Yokoyama collaborated with Hiroshi Ichimura as story editor and Kunitaka Imai as graphic designer. The three creators drew visual inspiration from their combined interest in World War I and World War II armor and aircraft, the American space program and films such as Star Wars, Blade Runner and The Road Warrior. Inspired by the ILM model builders who worked on Star Wars, Yokoyama built the original models from numerous kits including armor, aircraft, and automobiles (model kits becoming available normally in 1:20 scale). He mostly concentrated on powered armor suits, but later included bipedal walking tanks and aircraft with anti-gravity systems.

In 1986, there was a dispute with Hobby Japan over the copyright of the series. The magazine dropped SF3D from its line-up of articles and Nitto ceased production of various kits of the series. The matter was tied up in the courts for years until Yokoyama was awarded the full copyright to the series in the 1990s. Yokoyama and Hobby Japan eventually reconciled and restarted their working relationship, ditching the old SF3D name in favor of Maschinen Krieger ZbV3000, otherwise known as Ma.K.

I did a little something special on one of the Dollhouse's by drilling out a hatch and placing a crew member in it. I have some spare sprues in 15 for Stuart tanks so I used a hatch (sanded down to what I wanted), crew member (US crewman because the helmets for period make sense), and that's also the kit I got the external fuel drums for the Dollhouses. The hoses that go to the launchers are paperclips cut and bent to fit between turret and launcher with a Gundam spring cut and pulled over the paperclip and then glued into holes on the side of turret and launcher.

That's it for now, so onwards and upwards my friends!












As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin






4 comments:

  1. Bent paper clips.... Amazing work. The paint reminds me of Africa Corp. These look outstanding for 15mm. You do some really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you sir. Yes that’s exactly the scheme I was working with. Just one of them was an all day job, decals and all.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Impressive brushwork again, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry didn’t see this right away. After a few days the blog filter has to have my approval for posts to proceed, and thank you sir😁

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete