Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Adepticon 2019... The final installment.

Now that I have told the story (over two earlier blog posts) of my experiences at Adepticon, now comes a photo dump of various events that where going on and some vendor booths that had some interesting products. Where appropriate I will also have links to the manufacturers (lettering of words in orange you can click on... got that Mark?).

One of the vendors I visited was called "Impact Miniatures", they make cool stuff for Blood Bowl and they do a bunch of kickstarter stuff that you have to go on their facebook page for, but what caught my eye was their line of Chibi figures. Over sized heads on tiny bodies, and it seems to have a cult collector following. Forgive the following photos, the cases they had their miniatures in were in horrible condition.
 [above a historical based figure of Mariya Oktyabrskaya a real Russian tanker girl from WWII, if you 'd like to learn more about her click here]

 [above Chibi Minotaur & Chibi Fafnir Warrior]

 [above Chibi Daimyo & Chibi Paper Talisman Zombie]

 [above Chibi Sacred Sword Sorcerer of Von]

 [above Chibi Fallen Angel w Scythe & Chibi Fallen Angel w Sword]

 [above Chibi Pumpkinhead General, and a figure I can't identify]

 [above Chibi Aviator Pig & Chibi Warrior Red]

[above Chibi Oni & Chibi Cthulhuian Minion & Chibi Avatar of Shoggoth]

Another vendor I saw there was a company called "Black Heart Enterprises" (click on the name if you want to see their website), they make awesome figure busts, but this is for the very serious painter. The examples below were just cray, cray, cray, awesome. I took these photos for my grand daughters. Jurassic Park look out! They look so bloody real!!!!




I visited the "Footsore" booth and this caught my eye for Gangs of Rome, what a great paint job on the base!

Another vendor book had "Eden the Game", but I can't recall what the vendor name was, Happy Games? Anyways EDEN is a post-apocalyptic miniature game with what looks like evil clowns I've seen in my nightmares!


Next vendor up was "Para Bellum" reminded me a lot of Warhammer 40K, AoS, type stuff, but their display deserves a few photos as it was awesome.



Next up I went around the Batman tournaments and they had some wonderful tables and a lot of the players had very nicely painted miniatures, but the lighting in hall kept me from getting some good shots up close.


[above photos were my personal favorite crew I saw]




[immediately above the ARKHAM ASYLUM which is a 300 dollar MDF kit,  it was insanely (see what I did there;)) cool though!]


The Star Wars Legion tournament was in full swing when I went by and who doesn't like a game that includes Stormtroopers, I mean really... who cares about the rules as long as it has lots and lots of dudes in white armor!!!




I went by the Infinity tournament tables but I think they were wrapping up the round, so mostly it's table setups. I took them mostly for ideas on how to set up my own. I liked all the different combinations they came up with. There was only one I think that was gaudy and didn't like at all, that was the green and white buildings on a green mat. I would have to take medication to play on that mat!
 [The above faction is from the Combined army and I liked the paint scheme]

 [This was an interesting take on Yu Jing, something or other, but painted well]
















Last but not least here are some of the Malifaux table setups, the game we were supposed to play in but didn't. I am sad about that, mostly for Rob, but I did enjoy exploring at my first Adepticon. Malifaux is a Steam punk, Victorian Horror, type game. Rob has fallen completely off the edge for it and we are very excited for the 3rd edition to come out.
 [The above is, I believe, the Ten Thunderers faction and one of my favorite paint jobs I saw]












As always I appreciate you visiting my blog. May your dice always come up 6's, unless you need 1's, then 1's;)


Cheers
Kevin
























4 comments:

  1. That looked like it was a great trip. I'm not sure how I feel about the big headed miniatures.. seems very anime, however the more I looked at them they started to grow on me. Next time bring me along!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be like a kid in a candy store! Sure you can come along. I'll let you know next time.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Wonderful miniatures and terrain, impressive close ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, and that was just with my ipad, which didn't do some of those marvelous paint jobs justice. They looked way better in the real.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete