Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, November 12, 2018

I cried today...

Veterans Day. My Son's birthday. Two dates that shall be forever intertwined.

I cried today for the pain my boy suffered when deployed overseas for two tours. For his courage to persevere, with all the ups and downs along the way,  to slowly pick up the pieces and carry on with his life. For the joy that many parents didn't have, his return. For being able to celebrate his birthday with him.

For those of you who have served, for those that have had son's and daughter's serve, or maybe it was someone you knew, a cousin, uncle, or friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service, the families for their support, and for being there when that someone you knew needed you to be.

My thoughts and prayers with all of you
SSG Kevin Davidson Ret.


6 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your family, Kevin. I hope the passage of time and your love and care for each other can heal all wounds, whether of body or spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts and comments everyone.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Kev... brought a tear to my eye too. Well said.

    ReplyDelete