Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Saga: "Saxons" from the supplement Aetius & Arthur

Finished my first unit for my new Saga warband. It's from the Saxon list of Aetius & Arthur and it's all foot, which means lots and lots of painting still to be done. Here are some pictures of my first Warrior class unit, a Geoguth based unit (which means youth or the younger lads still learning the trade). They would mostly be armed with a buckler for raids, used as an offensive weapon and would only use larger shields later. Spear would be their primary weapon with a knife or short short for their backup. Mostly would have no armor and be mostly helmet-less but for some reason Gripping beast packed these. I mostly like the figures other than I have no idea why the pose with the dude charging with his knife drawn has not taken the time to think, "Oh yeah I have a perfectly good sword still sheathed, why am I doing this again?". Anyways I need every figure so he got painted up.

Remember to click on the photos to see a larger view.
 Above 4 including command figures

...and the rest of the dudes who make the bulk of the army

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin



6 comments:

  1. Superb job as always. You can definitely see by the size they are sporting bucklers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, first time working with the bucklers and found them to be easier than the normal full size shields.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done, love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, the next batch I need to put more detail in, but the intent was to paint gaming figures and I was happy with how they turned out.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the late comment, Kevin. These guys look great as does your new avatar - love "The Vikings". I wished they'd show Ulysses sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, and yes Kirk D. is the man! Loved him in both features:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete