Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Frank Cavalry, horses completed

I finished my nine Frankish horses I've been working on recently. I don't think they came out to bad, and was pleased with my effort. I probably could have blended my shades better etc. But I said to myself I want to game not put them in a showcase (well sort of;)).

I am now working on the riders and almost have my Warlord completed and will post a picture of rider and horse in a few days. In the meantime I hope you enjoy the pictures of my work.

[As always by left clicking on the images you can see a larger view]

First group of three with the white horse being the mount for my Warlord.
Second group of three...
and the last group...

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Kevin. I'm considering a mounted warband once I get the NG completed and already have boxed sets from Conquest and Fireforge. After being outflanked once too often with my Anglo Danes, it's time to bring out the cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the Danes, though I love them so. I might have picked the wrong mounted warband to game with as the Franks have an interesting battle board, so I'll probably get blasted a bunch before I figure them out.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Hot Dang Kev! Those are beauties. Almost too pretty to game with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip, the idea is to make them so beautiful that their opponents will run away in awe;)

      Delete