Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fusilier Regiment Von Lossberg

I had set my alarm to arise early, took care of my dogs, had a hearty breakfast, and then sat down for the next several hours slapping paint on some Hessian 40mm AWI figures by Trident (Miniature Service Center in California carries them). I have to say that at the end of the day I was in high spirits and though I am a terribly slow painter, I placed paint on 20 of these bad boys.

The unit I am painting up is Fusilier Regiment Von Lossberg during 1776. I just love the orange facings (maybe because it's my favorite color) and red lining on this Prussian blue uniform. My idea is to recreate the battle of Trenton, using Sharpes Practice using the AWI supplement (This land Divided, and With Fire and Sword). It should be fun, but like all my projects of late will see what happens. I had actually gotten these figures last year or so when I was reading "Washington's Crossing" by David Hackett Fischer. Then fell off the band wagon until recently when I have begun reading "1776" by David McCullough, which so far has been a superb read.  

Well enough ado about nothing, here are a few photo's of what I have done so far (by the way you would think these bad boys would paint up faster because you can see everything better, not so, more area to cover with paint certainly slowed me down).


First a photo of what the unit looks like from "Don Troiani's Soldiers in America 1754 - 1865

The thin Blue Line

Close up



3 comments:

  1. Nice work, Kevin. Those guys are going to look fantastic.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aaron! I am really excited about this project. Missing you in the Open Tournament (C&CA) this year. I would have really enjoyed crossing swords with you. Going into the second round and I have to play toddrew (yikes), going to be a tough one.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an Open Tournament on? I'm sorry to have missed it. I guess I should check the group more often... Good luck with the game against toddrew (but don't neglect your miniatures, either ;-))

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete