Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Project Cassino more builds

I wasn't sure about the 1st Para's panzerfaust use at Cassino but have since read of an incident where they used them to great effect. I had taken the Panzerfaust figure I had and converted him to a rifleman and never really liked what I did. He was to stiff looking. So off with his arms and weapon. First arm came off clean, except the rifle disintegrated (no problem as I was not going to reuse it) and then the second arm came off and.... snap off went the hand. Well I was able to glue it back on and will have to use a little modeling putty but it almost ended up in disaster. I have learned to build the models without the heads and weapons for painting purposes, but unfortunately I had to put the Panzerfaust in place as I would not have been able to place it once the arms where on. Converting the figure back to what it was supposed to have been works out as I am now able to use another figure out of the box I would not have been able to use, the Panzerfaust's ammo carrier.


I will be taking a few days off from modeling as it is Turkey day and I will be stuffing myself with turkey dinner with my family. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment