Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Project Cassino assembly continues and first coats

 Several more figures being put together.
Pin vise I use to drill holes in the bottom of the figures so that I may install pins. This allows me to affix them to a custom made balsa wood base so I can handle the figures without having to touch them.

As you can see it is quite easy to paint the figure in this manner. Here I am placing the base coats of flesh on. I will follow up with more detail on the colors and shading that I will do. The face is everything and I still need more practice at this.

I usually try and paint my figures in painting order. Meaning I will do so many in one color and while those dry move on to others and paint a different color on those so I am not waiting around. I usually do them in groups of four. Here I am putting on the base coats for the uniforms. You may wonder at the brown coats and the tan pants, but this is just the beginning of a long process of painting camo. The Fallschirmjager at this time still had a mix bag of uniforms because of the Campaign in Africa/Tunis. Not all will be done this way but it makes a nice mix.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment