Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Macedonian Pikemen, shields done.

 I finished these figures about a month ago, but with no shields as my friend was getting shields 3D printed. Well I have recieved them and I have painted them and affixed the LBM transfers to them. So here they are in all their glory.





As always thanks for looking.

Cheers
Kevin


10 comments:

  1. Excellent looking phalangites, Kevin! I have the Epirote transfers too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Dean, I don’t know why but your posts keep needing my approval, that is weird. Anyways thanks for the kudos, LBM transfers keep me from losing my mind.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Hot Dang! 24 Warriors. 3 points...BAM!! Good lookin boys there, nice paint. Shields really set them off. Need a few shots of their back side though. Once again the helmets are the perfect choice for character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skip! Look a few posts back, I took pictures of front and back without shields. This was just to show them with the shields.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff there, great soft transitions on the shading. Are those the dry-transfer style decals? I have never gotten them to work to my satisfaction, how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Little Bigmen transfers. Cutting them out is the hard part. The trick at making them look good on a shield is you MUST paint the shield with a smooth coat of Ivory or White. Once that is dry and you remove the plastic protective coat on them you must carefully line them up on the shield. Then I take a small hobby knife that has a small round spoon shape at other end and I vigoriously use that to smooth it down on shield. Only then to a take a drop of water on my finger tip and apply it to the paper coating to remove it. Then I do paint matching to fix up the edges of the shield.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Looking good as always! You are an inspiration! Excellent work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP, very kind of you to say.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete