Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

MA.K Maschinen Krieger (SF3D) 15mm

 Finished my first company for my Super Armored Fighting Suits science fiction genre miniature game, and I have called the unit the 79th Sundowners. I also painted up a platoon of walkers and I have named them the 1st Top hat Death Bringers. I believe that these bad boyz are remote driven or have AI on board, I can't remember. 

This feat gets me to a point where I have enough troops to play for one side. My intent now is to paint the opposition up and I already have some good ideas for the paint schemes.

In the meantime please enjoy the following pictures. The powered Armor suits are called Gustavs and have a laser (I always picture doctor Evils face when I say "laser") in their left arm. The giant walkers have a Gatling canon in their turrets. 












As always thanks for looking
Cheers
Kevin



10 comments:

  1. Great looking figures, Kevin. Very cleanly painted and based; impressive brushwork on the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! Doing 1 cockpit was like cool, but after 18 I was like I am so glad this is over;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. The figures look good. I like the Top Hat Death Bringers logo.

    When you said Sundowners and Top Hat, it made me think of old U.S. Navy fighter squadrons. I can't quick make out the Sundowner logo you are using, but I thought it would be cool to use something like the old VF-111 patch (see image link) with a fighting suit substituting for the F-14.
    https://av8rstuff.com/gifs/vf111-F14tri-redwhtrays.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Dave, thanks. Yes you are exactly right where my motivation came from. Though my decals are not actually the sundowners logo. The orange circle with a logo on it is from the Infinity Science fiction game and is a logo for the Nomads. In the scale it just sort of looks sunnish to me and hence the Navy name popped into my head. The Top hat wearing skulls are decals from Fighting Piranha for Battletech.

      Cheers mate
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. These are very different. I like the little detail you use on them. Very sharp. I looked into these and the way a person fits into a suit is extreme. I would go nuts in one. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, pretty cool you did the research! Yes indeed they are not fun to step into.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Very nice! Like the face shields. Looks like you are getting somewhere with the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! Indeed I am, working on OPFOR as I write this. Really happy where this is going so far.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete