Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Monday, January 13, 2020

Mortal Gods

All my free time has been sucked up by a major project software designing the latest version of Next War Korea 2nd edition by GMT. I have had zero hobby time otherwise, but got burned out today so turned to the hobby to unwind a bit.

Mortal Gods is a skirmish game by Footsore Miniatures. It looks to be a fun system to play and it was released about one year ago. Yep. Sat on my core boxset for that long.

But small steps is better than no steps. Figures that come in boxset are mostly Victrix limited plastic model kits, with a few metal figures from Footsore.

The first 8 and their stuff cut off the sprue, as you can see in picture. Next up cleaning pieces, and test fitting. Then the bitching and heavy sighing will commence after I glue a piece to one of my fingers for the umpteenth time.


That’s it for now.

Cheers
Kevin

2 comments: