Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Late Romans for Saga

I bought a box of 44 plastic 28mm figures from Gripping Beast when they first came out a few months ago (or has it been a year, hmmm), and I finally got around to assembling them and putting some paint on them as well.

The figures don't have many poses and are a little wooden, but the main reason why I got them was I could build an almost 6 point warband for Saga with this. When the figures work out to like 57 cents a piece, how can you go wrong.

Of course I had to buy shield transfers from Little Big Men, and why not. I could probably hand paint them to a decent standard, but Little Big Men stuff is just so nice, it just saves a whole lot of frustration and time for me. Of course they have their little problems and I have to match paint to touch up shield edges and such, but it's still way quicker.

I painted these up to a gaming standard. That means I didn't go hog crazy on detail. I just want to paint up a 6 point army and get it on the table as quick as I can. That said it is me we are talking about and even doing them simple like, it still takes me what seems like forever.

But enough of that, here are a few photos I hope you will enjoy. A shout out to my buddy Aaron waaaay over on the other side of the world, as I know he likes Romans, so I hope you like these.


Cheers
Kevin

10 comments:

  1. Great looking troops and basing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good... they look really good. You don't give yourself enough credit.

    These are way beyond "gaming standard" from what I see here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Skip, people are going to think your a sock puppet I created to slap myself on the back. Thanks very much though:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. I would agree with Skip that the figures are "way beyond gaming standard". It must be a relief to paint some troops who are in uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know that's right! Not having to put a different tunic color on each figure is huge in times saving.

      Thanks Dave
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Looking great, Kevin! Sorry, I did comment earlier but on the iPad, and comments made on that particular machine seem to not be showing up for some reason. Hope this one comes through! And thanks for the shout out :D

    Those GB plastics sound like pretty good value on the whole.

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, just happy you saw them, and your welcome. I'm Roman'n it up;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Why thank you, and thanks for stopping in to have a look.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete