Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Me? I don't have a problem!

Okay, okay maybe I do. Some of the projects I am working on all at the same time which means my wheels are stuck in the mud. This was a few weeks ago.
I need to paint up five Necrons for a buddy, and a Moor Warlord base for another. Since it was raining today I actually made progress on the Moor Warlord base. Got tired of doing that so have moved on to putting more of those stupid Necrons together ahhhh (okay their not stupid but it's not stuff for me grumble, grumble).
After putting some of those Necrons together I've had this Infinity itch for several years and done nothing with it. Suddenly I am on this big kick to finally do something about it and have started assembling them. They are tiny, delicate little bastards that are going to be a real challenge to paint because they are not Hero scale, but true to scale (I know there is another word for this). Of course it's Japanese Anime time with these things, which I like, but the female models are going to be something completely new to me. We will see how it goes.

Cheers
Kevin

4 comments:

  1. Those horses on that built up command stand are looking SWEET! One very lucky fellow that gets that base!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got halfway done Skip and almost gave up. After looking at it for a couple days it's growing on me. You'll be happy to note your figures did not end up in garbage.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Your workbench looks unhealthily tidy and well organised ;-) Know what you mean about stuck in the mud with projects. I've got a load of terrain on my table half finished, but now itching to start on new units for SAGA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only because I got those new neat looking paint racks in the background. They were a bitch to put together cause I have this bad habit of gluing my fingers to the wood. I've got probably enough paint pots and eye dropper bottles to fill up two more racks. Would have ordered 4 instead of 2 but wanted to see if I liked them.

      Cheers and good luck on terrain or Saga decision;)
      Kevin

      Delete