Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Ork Boyz assembled

Perhaps it was Mad Max influenced (and last weekend my local Hobby store was having their Grand Opening 30 percent off of everything at their new location surely didn't help), or I've just totally lost my mind but I couldn't help myself buying a few things Orky. When I came home and showed my Wife how much I had saved, she promptly replied I could have saved a lot more by not having bought anything. So I hinted my birthday was near and that she could say that this was my early birthday present! Yeah that should work!!! She just rolled her eyes at me. Oh well.

Not one to go fishing without my pole, tackle box, and bait, I went all in and got myself back into Warhammer 40K once more. Rules, Codex, figures, and a couple of paints I needed. Yep I was ready to join the great Waaagh! Haven't played since 3rd edition, but the new 7th looks like it might have changed things enough for me to try it again.

My idea is to build an Ork Army with a Post Apoplectic/Mad Max kind of theme. War buggies and bikers here I come. Maybe even a few deffkopta's as well. Should be fun. Here is my first 10 Ork Boyz assembled and ready for the paint line.
[Left click on pic for larger view]
Priming and painting hopefully will begin this week and I can get a few done to freak out my friend who is coming up from down South to visit relatives and is going to swing by to have a few Saga games with me. Can't wait to see the look on his face;)

Cheers
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment