Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Carolingian Franks

Greetings! I hope you find the following pictures of my Carolingian Franks worthy of your viewing. The figures are from Gripping Beast, colors used from Vallejo, and shield transfers from Little Big Men Studios. This is my first Warrior group of 12 figures and I am waiting on an order of 24 Early Saxons from Musketeer miniatures to mix in with them. While waiting up next will be nine of Gripping Beasts Cavalry for my Frank Warband.

[To view larger images left mouse click on them and then right mouse click for the drop down menu and select view image to see full size photo]

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, Kevin! For SAGA I presume?

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aaron, thank you. Yes indeed for Saga. Though I just discovered Dux Britanniarum (Age of Arthur in England around 450 AD) and hopefully can talk a few friends into running a campaign.It looks like the armies are around the same size for both systems with single basing.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you PK, I need to paint 12 more up. I need to find a magic brush!

      Delete