Here is a couple of jpeg's of the Battle Boards for Sparta and Athens. I've noticed a few mistakes on the battle board but nothing that can't be easily fixed. The idea is to play test them a bit and tweak them to my taste.
[Attention: To those not used to looking at pictures on blog, if you click on pictures you will see the larger size]
Parts glued together (in the future I will paint the bodies seperate from the other bits and paint those on the sprue).
I wanted to use the arm holding the helmet which is a left arm and the arm to rest on the shield was a left one. So I took a right arm for holding spear upright and used a little milliput to make a sleeve to match the other arm.
First coats of paint
Some basic shading and the start of building up the base.