Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

The left arm pivot maneuver...

Okay my Saurus riders have been set to the side, temporarily only, because my ex-friend from Georgia has quilted me into painting some more Samurai.

It doesn't matter that we are both running a game at a convention next week. It doesn't matter that I have had 6 months to paint what I needed to bring. It doesn't even matter that my ex-friend from Georgia has painted more stuff for our game than I have. I said to myself, he can paint two more figures for me... right? Let's just say he was having none of that nonsense talk from me.

Seriously though, he is not my ex-friend.... yet.... and I have set aside the Saurus riders to paint a few more Samurai for our event. I need another four Cavalry, and a General. Perry Miniatures makes these cool messenger riders that I was going to paint up one day and make up my own house rules to incorporate them into my Saga games. What better moment than now to paint one of them up and call him a General (Warlord in Saga). This will also keep my real nice vignette of one of my Samurai Warlord's from being crushed by players at the convention.

Too much going on with my paint table so I didn't get out my light box to take pictures and the lighting wasn't that great, but it's good enough to give you a quick peek at what I came up with for one of my Warlords that should be pretty durable in unknown hands.




Well that's it for now, some flocking and four riders too paint for my Cav unit (I painted the horses up today as well). 

Cheers
Kevin




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anton, thanks man, looking forward to seeing you at convention in a few weeks.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic - colourful without being garish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, still a few more to go and then back to.... here lizard, lizard, lizard.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. WOW! So, I inspired that beauty!
    I have SUPPER POWERS! That is SWEET(!) Kev.

    "Too much going on with my paint table" Ummmmm yes, we can ALL see that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skippy, and now I am hungry, what are we having for supper I wonder???

      (sorry couldn't help it;))

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Really nice work! Now I'm being tempted by samurai!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! My site has an effect on people besides others effecting me, haha.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I looked at your work on this model for inspiration.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete