Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Infinity: Combined Army Sectorial | Onyx: Umbra Legates

I've got several paint projects going on at the same time, but when do I not (I am saying this to myself and shaking my head). Right in the middle of painting up another Roman unit I completely stopped. I needed a change of pace, like right now. This was probably inspired because I played another game of Infinity with my friend Rob and got the juices flowing for painting up some more stuff for me. Then a pang of guilt swept over me as I realized I still needed to paint this bloody Onyx box Army set my poor friend Al has been waiting patiently for.

Now mind you Al has not been pestering me. He knows I will paint this up for him before one of us dies.... good grief I am knocking on wood this very moment... but I am sure he would like them waaaayyy before then.

So I painted up a leader type so he could at least start playing a few introduction type games with Rob and I. I think my last post was I had like 9 something to paint for him. Well Al, it's now 8!!! Yes!!!! It's only been since April that I painted the other three. At this blazing pace you'll have them before you start collecting social security!!!

Here are a few photo's. I am not totally satisfied with my work, but what artist is. Hopefully the next one I do will be better than this one. I think with each of these figures I'll get a little better with as I go.




As always thanks for looking.
Cheers
Kevin

18 comments:

  1. He or it looks awesome!!! Infinity games would be so cool with these guys on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about that boxed set. He looks fantastic. First quick look reminds me of Skeletor, and just a little Scorpius - Both pure Evil. Great job Kevin. Can't wait to get the army on the table with you and Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the people to please, yours is the most important. I am happy you like it.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. A suitably imposing model - love the red tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quintessential Infinity Sith Lord;) Thanks Steve.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great job Kev.
    First picture... This is what I see
    Model of evil skeleton looking at how big his one hand is.
    Evil skeleton "What? What is this?"
    Or evil laugh..." Look at how big my left powerful hand is" " I'll crush anyone who stands next to me!" " I'll dominant this game!"Bwahaaaa
    😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri you have sooo got to game with us, and do voice over monologue in background as we play;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Jooooeee!!! Thanks for stopping in to look. Miss you man!!!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. How ever did you get that "electrified" look on the sword?? It is amazing!

    I think he needs something in his left hand... a teddy bear perhaps (since you painted it for Al) or a skull (in case he ever sells it to me)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!! I spoke to Al on phone today and told him what you said, he cracked up.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Great job. The sword sets off the fig. I believe the term "Infinity" refers to the completion date for the army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! God I hope not... then again. Nope I must trudge foward!

      Thanks Dave.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  8. Very impressive brushwork as always, Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, now if I could only gain your speed!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  9. Nice work, the sword makes a nice contrast with the muted rusty feel
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I think so too as well as the base. Makes it pop.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete