Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ashigaru Teppo unit for TSUCHIYA MASATSUGU

Well I am on a roll. Painted more figures in this last month than I have for the whole year. That's not saying much, but at least I am painting. I am not sure which is harder, Highlanders or Samurai. Tartans drive me crazy, and Samurai are so busy. I think I prefer Samurai over Highlanders, but in either case they take me a loooonnnnggg time to paint. But I am having fun with the Samurai right now and that's all that matters.

I've got three complete units for my Saga Warband. I have started in on painting a unit of Cavalry, and my Warlord. If I get those done I will have a 4 point and very playable Warband. My goal is to paint two more units (at least) so I can have a 6 point unit to face my nemesis from the South, the dreaded Torok the Terrible, in September. I think I just might have enough gas to see it through. We will see.

Here are a few snaps of my latest unit, an Ashigaru Teppo (Arquebus) unit flying Masatsugu colors.



....and below the unit together, ready on the firing line!!!

Thanks for looking...

Cheers
Kevin


16 comments:

  1. HOT DANG Kev!! Those are SWEET!

    Your past few posts (and especially this one) have taken me from looking at my own pile of Samurai raw lead to actually cleaning and priming some of them. Paint is on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can inspire you Skip, get those boys going. Saga and Saki party when you come in September

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, a pleasure to have a visit from you:)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  3. Wow! They look awesome. You are a motivational Tool! That's a good thing I think. Keep on painting. And those bases are sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you better pick up that paint brush and prove it Mr;)

      Looking forward to see your next figure.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  4. Great looking teppo, Kevin. I really like the kneeling poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, those are Wargames Factory models. Poses are not as good as Perry plastic, but they are nice.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  5. Very cool! I like the colour scheme - I may have to adapt (pinch) it for my Gates of Antares Freeborn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A compliment indeed, go for it. Artists inspire artists;)

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  6. Very nice indeed. I particularly like the flowered prints you have taken the time to paint on their pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, and those were easier to do then all the lace on the armor.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  7. Well, the Teppo are complete. So, what's next? Show us more stuff!! Photos, we need photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camera broke, but being resolved.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  8. After approval?? Dude where is the trust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly getting phishing SPAM's where the Spammer copies an entry a real blogger posted, copies and paste's it to try and disguise themselves and then also places links that I am sure are loaded with malware.

      So... I've been forced to approve. Unfortunately the Blog does not have a feature to select to say trust this person, therefore it's blanket coverage. Sorry Skip.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete