Blog discription

What will you find here? Ramblings from an aging gamer-miniature painter. When I first started out in this hobby computers were in their infancy and finding other gamers could only be done by going to conventions or as in my case bumping into somebody who happened to see me reading "Panzer Leader" on the school bus. Look how far we have come! The internet has allowed our small community to be able to connect on a level I never dreamed of when I was but a small lad. What I do hope you will find here is something interesting from one wargamer/miniature painter to another. I paint miniatures somewhat decently, so I will be posting some pictures of my work, and perhaps a review or two of games and/or miniatures. Most of all this is just about having fun and anything I post here is meant to be for that reason.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Infinity: Terrain review "Antenocitis Workshop's" Asian Garden sets 1 & 2

Painting miniatures is only half of our work, the other half is collecting nice terrain pieces that help enhance the aesthetic value of our miniatures.

So as my Infinity forces slowly grow it was time for me to start the process of collecting said items. Now one can scratch build their own (I don't have the motivation nor the time to put into this though there are many talented people out there you could probably hire as mercenaries to do this for you.), buy pre-painted buildings (expensive), buy pre-painted MDF (cheaper, but painted stuff can still be up there in price, AND some of this still has to be put together), or you can buy MDF kits that you have to assemble and paint yourself. My choice lies somewhere in the middle, and having a new airbrush will certainly help me in this (I hope). 

Couple of kits I picked up are from Antenocitis Workshop, called Asian Garden Set 1, and Asian Garden Set 2. Both come pre-painted, but when you really think about it, is one color considered pre-painted? Any ways these were nice little kits. Assembly was not hard, just tedious. Also some of the parts are delicate so require care in removing from sprues (sharp razor knife) and handling. 

Set 1 comes with 4 small planters, 2 large planters, 1 Tori planter, and 4 light booths. It also comes with some flocking to help you make the planters, well, look like planters. Lastly it comes with white paper for you to cut out and use on your light booths/boxes. I recommend using a glue stick to adhere the paper to the light boxes as it's less messy and you won't have the paper absorbing the glue. 

Set 2 comes with 4 table & bench sets, plus 4 separate benches. These were easy to assemble as well but just remember the bit about razor knife and removing from sprue. As I was gluing the support structure between the legs I added just a bit to much pressure squeezing them together and it snapped. Fortunately I was able to mend it, and lesson learned. 

I still have three bloody light booths to put together, but I ran out of patience and decided to paint some figures instead. I'll return to them on another day.

Here is a shot of everything and the Planter boxes done.


In summary I recommend these little bits of scatter terrain and I think they will do nicely not only in my Infinity games but also will find use in my Samurai games.

Cheers
Kevin





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep I agree, I have some other cool little bits, but they require painting so it'll be a bit. I've got command desks, pool tables, stuff to spice up those rooms that you can get at with a removable roof.

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. Hey, hey boo boo... a pick-a-nik table! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just any pick-a-nik table, but an Asian one!!!

      Cheers
      Kevin

      Delete